Most of us, if not all, think that baking soda is exclusively made for cooking only. However, more than just an ingredient for cooking, this could also be useful for your health and hygiene too!
Surprisingly, baking soda can offer a lot despite its inexpensive price. In fact, it can also help with digestive issues, ease stomach pain, neutralizes acid and relives bloating, as per Dr. Axe. Listed below are the 5 uses of baking soda for your beauty regimen.
- Face Exfoliator – Yes, you can use this cooking ingredient to exfoliate your skin at only $1. Have a fresher look by simply mixing half a cup of water and one teaspoon of baking soda to make a paste. Remove the dry skin by rubbing the mixture on your face in a circular motion. You can leave it overnight. It’s safe!
- Insect Bites Treatment – Mercola shared that baking soda can also be used as a treatment to insect bites. To relieve the itching, you can just make a paste by mixing baking soda and water and apply onto the affected area. Another way of doing this is by simply applying the dry powder to your skin.
- Dry Out Pimples & Heal Acne Marks – Yes, you read it right. Baking soda is a very effective alternative to help you heal your pimples. By just simply applying the water + baking soda paste onto the affected area, you can dry out the pimples quickly. Also, using baking soda may also help erasing acne marks. I have tried it, gurl! It worked!
- Teeth Whitener – Interestingly, baking soda could also keep your teeth looking white. By just mixing the baking soda and water, you can create a paste, which you can rub onto your teeth to maintain its pearly white color. Do this at least once a week.
- Hair Cleanser – You can now clean your hair and remove all the dirt and oil without going to the salon and spending your hard-earned money. Simply add a teaspoon of baking soda to your favorite shampoo and rub it into your hair.
Baking soda is generally safe. However, if you are taking a prescription drugs, please consult your doctor first for your safety. Watch the video below for more details!
Cover Image by Hometalk/Facebook